Rules for the Liebster Award
(Copied and pasted from another blog)
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you
3. Nominate 11 other blogs with less than 500 followers
4. Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer
5.Tag your nominees & post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them
Rules are rules, people. It is not a quick post to where you can cut-copy-paste all the blog links, get to the blogger pages and tag the ones you really want to be nominated. But then road to victory (good times etc. etc.) is seldom easy, they say. Right?
So first off: thank you benjaminsolak for the nomination!!! (Sorry it’s not a link…this app confuses me) I’ve never really done any of these “nominate someone” things before so this is super exciting 😀 You’re a great writer, and even though I’ve only been following you for two days, I’ve really enjoyed looking at all of your work 🙂 so to whoever may be reading this: check this dude out.
Now down to the nitty gritty – the questions.
1) What’s the one thing you’ve always wanted to do?
Hmm…starting it out with a toughie I see 😛 😀 I haven’t always wanted to do this, but it have been itching to go to New Zealand for a while now, and I’d really love to get there at least once. It just sounds awesome (and the accents do too).
2) You’re stranded on a desert island, and can only bring one book, one movie (desert island has working TV – don’t question it) and one board game…go!
I’d probably bring the book Roots by Alex Haley, because it’s a really great story, and it took me a long time to read, which is quite unusual, as I usually blast through novels like kids running for the ice cream truck. For movies…does season 5 of Breaking Bad count?? If not, I’ll be watching The Book Thief. Aaand board games…well that really depends on how many people are stranded with you. Different games are made for different numbers or players, so I’m just gonna keep my trusty deck of cards.
3) Favourite superhero and why (bonus points if it’s Spiderman)
Awful fact about me: I haven’t really watched any superhero movies or read any comic books. I know, for shame. So I’ll go with Kickass, even though he’s technically not a superhero…sorry folks.
4) You can have lunch with any five combination of people, deceased, alive, or somewhere in between. Who?
As you can see below, I’m having a casual fun lunch with people – deeper thinking is more for supper time, ya know?
– RJ Mitte
– Darren Criss
– Ellen Degeneres
– Rupert Grint
– Emma Stone
5) What quality in people always endears you to them, trivial or deep? Same question, but really bothers you?
I love it when people are genuinely sweet. Like holding open doors, saying hi when you pass, and cute jokes. A guy might find it emasculating to be called sweet, but honestly, I think it’s the best thing around.
What I can’t stand in other people: manipulation. It’s just dirty and mean. It’s hard to trust someone who toys with people’s emotions.
6) Do you speak any foreign languages? If so, what?
I speak enough French to get by in Québec (maaaaybe France), but I’m still far from fluent.
7) Favourite sports star? Why?
Mark Scheifele, from the Winnipeg Jets, simply because I’ve read that he sings High School Musical songs in the change room. Really, you can’t beat that 😀
8) What five things, abstract or concrete, do you value over all others?
9) Tea or coffee? Sunset or sunrise? Rock, paper, or scissors? France or Spain? (If you live in one of the two…Hawaii or Bahamas?)
a) tea usually, unless I get one of those cold frappa lappa chocolate coffee thingers from Starbucks (I’m not too great with their naming system)
b) sunrise – love the beginning to a new day, and seeing the sun come up gives me energy
c) rock – wins every time
d) I haven’t been to Spain, so I’m defaulting to France
10) You’re on death row. Last meal?
Appetizer: fresh Prince Edward Island mussels
Main course: lamb chop, well done, with asparagus on the side
Dessert: chocolate brownie/fudge/cake with vanilla ice cream
11) What is morality? What is justice? What is ethics? What is right?
Well…..the big guns just came out. I can’t decide anyone else’s morals, but for me, what I live by is love, and if you love the way that Jesus loved (sorry not trying to get preachy), then your actions will reflect it and intertwine themselves with everything else you do.
Alrighty, so now for the 11 other blogs. I nominate:
This Ain’t Even Funny
The Heart Shaped Life
Write and Day
Errmmm…I don’t actually follow any others that have less than 500….guess it’s just six 😛 But they’re an amazing six, and all of them should be checked out! Their writing makes up for the other five, I swear. (Also sorry I still don’t know how to link to people, but I do know how to link to posts!! So I’ll comment somewhere on your blog)
Okee dokes, now onto the asking.
1) What is your favourite genre of music to listen to?
2) If you could live in any other time era, when would it be?
3) If you could spend a day with any fictional character, who would you choose?
4) Breakfast or lunch?
5) Favourite TV show? (If you don’t watch TV, movie or book)
6) If you were given a business to run, what would it be?
7) Do you use a lot of social media?
8) If you were a type of baking, what would you be and why?
9) Clearest memory you have before the age of 20?
10) What is the best sport out there?
11) Where would you love to travel?
That’s all folks!! Have a great day and a good time participating! Definitely got me thinking 🙂